Apr 5, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

 There is a very popular site out there called CollegeFashionista.com which selects representatives on numerous campuses around the United States and abroad to find "fashionable" people on their campus and take Sartorialist-like photos of them on the street. Many schools (particularly in big cities) have really great street style photos of students, which I'll give credit to. My school is not one of them.


For my school's College Fashionista- this is a very sorry lookin' bunch of fashionable students, if you can call them that. I admit that I am victim to the comforts of my hoodie and yoga pants 99% of the time, as are most on this campus (see UIUCNoPants.com for all the leggings worn on campus). Finding people dressed perfectly in trends during the school day is probably difficult in Champaign, Illinois. However, taking pictures of the few people on my campus who AREN'T wearing sweats, doesn't exactly make them fashionable, just normal, n'est pas?

scarves ≠ fashionable


Here are the trendy outfits they have selected, sans trends. Most just look like normal people, but worthy of being praised on this site? Questionable.
Comment on this post if you can detect a trend in any. Danke! Hope you're having a nice Tuesday!





 
Follow Stingy Style





22 comments:

  1. you should have written what you think is wrong with the outfits 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, I can't say that I hate these. I'm not sure what's so distinctively ugly about them. I get that some might find them boring, but ugly is a little harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yechs! kinda harsh... i agree im over the whole scarf thing but i wouldnt say these are ugly. just laid back and low key... like most other college students dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not gunna lie, the first one looks like "the look" from when I modeled at Abercrombie back in 2003...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right... they're just pretty normal, really. I'd walk past any of them without a double take.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, nothing trendy, they are waring the same, boots, scarves, comfy clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with this. Especially considering the fact that most of them are in jeans and similar boots, there's nothing especially innovative and trendy about their looks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Stingy, these are ugly! some worse than others, but one actually looks like she should be on what NOT to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those outfits are quite common and typical - can't see any fashion here

    http://lifestylegeek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha this is almost hysterical if it wasn't so confusing. i don't know how those outfits could be classified as "trendy". they look normal. by the way i love the graphics for your banner, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree!! There is nothing "fashionable" about those outfits! Most of them are quite ugly actually! The ones that are not ugly, are just basic every day-not fashionable-outfits!

    http://shoesnjules.onsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only trendy thing about these is the boots-over-the-tight-jeans look, which I am getting pretty sick of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, looks like that site needs to pick someone else to be their trend watcher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. they're just plain like a bagel sans cream cheese

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, there is nothing trendy about those outfits.

    www.lynnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot tell you how happy I was to find this. I actually write for College Fashionista for Western Illinois University and I get so ridiculously frustrated trying to find people to photograph in the middle of nowhere, IL. I'll admit these ones are awful, but I'm definitely almost never happy with who I find. I'm glad I found this post, it makes me feel a little less alone in trend scouting in Illinois.

    http://www.collegefashionista.com/school/western_illinois_university/guru/1869/

    ReplyDelete