Apr 23, 2012

My Friend Lauren Chimes In!

Hi! This is Lauren again.  Danielle has been non-stop apartment hunting in Chicago, which is why she hasn’t had a solid moment to post, so I want to help her out!!

I bet all of you have seen girls like me wandering around with bracelets up to their elbows.  Want to know the best place to get them!?...Lindsay Rae's Etsy Shop! She has a variety of beads and makes bracelets, necklaces, and earrings (prices range from $15-$60).  Before I found her, I was getting my bracelets with paves (the rhinestone bead) at a boutique in Chicago that had great jewelry, but Lindsay has a larger variety.  






(I actually just won a contest on her Facebook page, and I can’t wait to get my free bracelets!)

Anyways….. I love putting a ton of bracelets together! I think five/six on an arm is the perfect amount, but it depends on the size of the beads.  I also think it looks best when you mix the sizes of the beads..maybe one large one, a couple medium sized beads, and then a couple skinnies. 




 Neon/color blocking is really in right now, so don’t be afraid to put bracelets together in a set that contrast each other!  I love love love putting bracelets together, and I wear them everyday so check out some of these pieces I love from Lindsay’s page and then go check it out yourselves…YOU’LL LOVE IT!!!

--lauren

Ps: If you have any questions about anything you’re more than welcome to email me! Laurencohen8@gmail.com  





About Lauren:
My name is Lauren Cohen, and I’m 23! I graduated from the University of Illinois in Urbana/Champaign last May (with Danielle).  Currently, I’m almost finished with my first year of law school in Chicago, and I can’t wait for it to be the summer.  I didn’t major in fashion or anything, but I am really interested in it and have been for a while.  I don’t have my own blog or really do anything with fashion besides teach myself about it, research it, observe others, and dress myself 

I’ll tell you some of my favorite things regarding fashion…besides that I don’t really know what else to tell you guys but if you want to know something you can email and ask me! Laurencohen8@gmail.com

Favorite celeb style: Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen
Favorite online shopping site: Threadsence.com
Favorite style: boho
Favorite brand: don’t have one…
Favorite store: Zara, Cusp, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Urban Outfitters
Favorite trend right now: maxi skirts/dresses
Favorite color: blue
Favorite fashion blog besides Stingy Style (haha): fashiontoast.com with Rumi Neely
Favorite jewelry brand:Alexis Bittar
Favorite boutique: Space 519 (900 N. Michigan) and Scoop (Rush and Oak)
If I could buy one thing right now: beaded skirt from All Saints


 
Follow Stingy Style
Follow Stingy Style

3 comments: